The property has had a long and varied history. On October 29, 1799 the property was given to Richard Arnold, the son of Benedict Arnold (for his allegence to the crown and his participation in the American Revolution). We do not know where the original Richard Arnold homestead was located on the property or if one was ever built but we do know that as part of the condition of the gift of the property by the crown that it had to be homesteaded.
On March 10th, 1830 the property was sold by Richard Arnold to William Ferguson. Click here to see record.